Tuesday 29 December 2015

The Comping Fairy

Every year, in late December, a mysterious person leaves wrapped gifts, causing much excitement.
It is something I look forward to every year. 

I'll let you in on a secret. That person is me! - and Master Chief,

I subscribe to Compers News and read an article about somebody who does extra gifts at Christmas from gifts they had won.  I thought this was a lovely idea and this year we had our first ever visit from the Comping Fairy.  Mr Chief had done quite well, but comps my son has won throughout the year have either gone straight to him or I dig them out in the looooong summer holidays. As a result he was going to end up with fewer than anyone else.  As he had the least I let him help wrap (except his obviously!)

I was going to have the Comping Fairy visit between Christmas and New Year, in that lull when nobody really knows what day it is (a full debate this morning between MrC and me this morning trying to decide whether it was in fact Tuesday or Wednesday!)
I didn't want my wins though to push out the gifts that people have thought long and hard about and spent good money on, so in the end the Comping Fairy visited on Christmas Eve.

We wrapped MasterC in tinsel and handed out the bags of gifts.  It really was great fun and something we hope to do next year.


 


(to the tune of the 12 days of Christmas) On this 2015 Christmas Eve, the Comping Fairy brought to meeeee (you see why I don't do slogans!!)

MrC
* a mug
* a corkcicle wine cooler
* a picnic blanket
* a signed England shirt

MasterC
* a football
* a Rugby World Cup rugby ball;


MissC
* a Tractor Ted DVD and book
* Lego Friends



MrsC
* a selfie stick - hope to use this for all those selfie comps!
* a rubber stamp for papercrafting
* a couple of scratchcards

It was such a fun afternoon.  I very much hope that we get a similar visit next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment