Wednesday 18 November 2015

Kids Colouring Comps

This blogger has been well and truly absent of late.  Life has just kind of got in the way of everything I suppose, and blogging and sadly comping have fallen slightly by the wayside.

I have been a comper for years.  I have early memories of winning comps as a child after sending a postcard off to Shout magazine or teletext and reaping the rewards.  Comping is a way of life for me.  You often hear seasoned compers talking about the "good old days" I truly believe that comping is and should be an evolving hobby.  I don't get a good return from the humble postcard these days, but it wont stop me from trying.  There is something I love about writing them out and posting them but  I'm always looking for new ways to comp.  Maybe postcards from kids magazines still have good odds of a win, but I doubt there are as many now.  I know I can't resist posting one off on behalf of my son or daughter, but often now its email entry, which of course reduce your odds.  As a very young child I remember my sister winning a calculator from Cadburys.  I was hugely jealous, but vividly remember her saying that all she did was some colouring in.

My son started school this September (one reason for the absence) and it has been a long term.  He has taken to it really well, but in the afternoons he comes home tired, he just wants to veg on the sofa and watch TV.  He would honestly have it on until bed time if he got his way!  I started looking for activity sheets and books for him to do when he got home, stickers etc which have gone down a treat, but then realised I had missed a trick.  I have started searching for kids colouring competitions.  At the moment he still sees them as a treat (woohoo!!) and am ever hopeful that he will be rewarded for his efforts - hopefully something even more exciting than that calculator!
The one he has been working on today is this one from Nisa Locally , but when I have gone to look for more tonight they are seriously lacking. It's 5 weeks until Christmas, where are all the colouring competitions?

Have I missed the boat? Am I looking too early? Are they just not the favoured comps by promotors these days? I don't know, but I really don't want to have to go buying colouring books, where's the fun in that!

I will continue to hunt and will post any I find, in the mean time, if anyone has any fun ones to share Master Chief and I will be ever grateful - and who knows, if we win, we may just share that prize winning selection box with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment